Occasionally we have a visiting speaker who is a published author or poet. Some are first-timers who’ve been recommended to us and some are regulars who keep coming back for more! They have the knack of challenging, motivating and entertaining us, making for a very enriching experience.
Read on for details of our upcoming programme, and get in touch via our Contact page if you wish to attend. Writing prompts are suggested against each meeting date, but these are entirely optional.
We also have occasional social events such as Open Mic evenings and quizzes, as well as a belated Christmas lunch in January.
May – August 2019 Programme
07. Surprise Party (Pat chairing)
14. A Revelation (Betty chairing)
21. Steve Pottinger – workshop (Keith S chairing)
28. The Cut (Mike chairing)
04. The Comfort of Strangers (Anne chairing)
11. The Letter (Liz chairing)
18. Thirteen O’clock (Trevor chairing)
25. David Wake – workshop (Roger chairing)
02. He thought it was all over (Io chairing)
09. Monday’s Child (Stan chairing)
16. Roz Goddard – workshop (John chairing)
23. By the Light of the Moon (Katherine chairing)
30. Flight (Pat chairing)
06. All is Calm (Betty chairing)
13. Bolt from the Blue (Keith S chairing)
20. William Gallagher – workshop (Anne chairing)
27. The Party’s Over (Stan chairing)