Occasionally we have a visiting speaker who is a published author or poet. Some are first-timers who’ve been recommended to us and some are regulars who keep coming back for more! They have the knack of challenging, motivating and entertaining us, making for a very enriching experience.
Read on for details of our upcoming programme, and get in touch via our Contact page if you wish to attend. Writing prompts are suggested against each meeting date, but these are entirely optional.
We also have occasional social events such as Open Mic evenings and quizzes, as well as a belated Christmas lunch in January.
02. Snowstorm (Pat chairing)
09. Last days of steam (Betty chairing)
16. Louise Palfreyman – visiting speaker (Keith S chairing)
23. Preparation for ‘Open Mic’? (Io chairing)
24. ‘Open Mic’ evening at Hagley Golf Club
30. Lost (John chairing)
06. Mike Thomas – play writing (Liz chairing)
13. Dance with me (Roger chairing)
20. Mike Thomas (Stan chairing)
27. AGM. I knew I’d locked the door (Mike A chairing)
04. Three shots rang out (Anne chairing)
11. A cold starry December night (Keith R chairing)
18. Alone on the planet (Katherine chairing)
25. No meeting
01. No meeting
08. The clock stopped at 2.47 (Trevor chairing)
15. The first time (Io chairing)
22. A dinner party (Mogs chairing) followed by post-Christmas lunch
29. Hiking boots (Keith S chairing